My alma mater (the University of Iowa) does something interesting
Reading through Jezebel this morning I happened upon this story about the University of Iowa asking students to voluntarily disclose their LGBTQ status as a means to get information about what level of services they may need to provide for support. The comments are enlightening (for a change!), ranging from people who are nervous about the prospect of disclosing, notes that LGBTQ kids may not have much clarity about their status yet, and support.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Dolly Cepeda and Sonja Johnson, two stories seldom told about Dodgers Stadium or Chavez Ravine
- John McPhee on Writing at the New Yorker
- TOD, gentrification, Treehugger and why environmental justice advocates get annoyed with so-called environmentalists
- Natural resource dependence
- Happy Birthday, Malcolm X
- How to annoy people with red geraniums and hot pink petunias
- PricePoints: Martin Krieger and I start a group blog on what we are reading
- The "I don't owe you shit" consumerist ethic can go away right now
- VisuWords definition of "urban"
- I review Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In at Price Points